THE BULLYING INTERVENTION GROUP
BIG AWARD FOR WORKPLACES
Following the huge success of our BIG Award for schools
and children's services, Bullying Intervention Group
is now extending the BIG Award to workplaces.
Workplace bullying can be an issue in any size company,
can cause problems for both management and employees
in relation to workplace ethos, production and costs.
Workplace bullying can cause serious medical stress for
victims including physical and mental illness, loss of
confidence and reduced motivation at work.
It istherefore essential that in any company, workplace
bullying is managed effectively.
To achieve the BIG Award, a company is required
to meet the criteria set out and complete an electronic portfolio.
When the portfolio is complete it is is submitted to BIG
and an assessment is undertaken to ensure that the company
is meeting the required standards.
The company will then receive the electronic logo and plaque to display.
It is simple, easy to follow and will help workplaces ensure that:
- staff feel confident and can work with dignity, efficiently in a friendly atmosphere
- sickness and absence costs are reduced
- repeated recruitment and training costs are reduced as staff retention improves
- litigation is less likely and this award will prove that the company understands
the need to protect staff from bullying behaviour
- potential employees will find working for this company a better prospect
because of its excellence in challenging bullying
- customers will have more confidence in the caring ethos of the company
Why aim for the award?